PLEASE NOTE: All registered media must show media credentials in order to receive a press badge. If you are on assignment for a publication, you must produce a letter stating such.
IMPORTANT: Only TWO persons per organization will receive a media pass to the conference.
Click here for current list of registered press.
To register online, go to: https://reg.jspargo.com/sc2004/media
Media representatives interested in attending and covering SC2004 should contact the SC2004 Media Relations representative. Our Media Relations team will verify your media credentials and direct you to the media registration site. The registration fee is waived for media representatives with proper credentials.
Advance registration is strongly encouraged and will mean less time waiting in line at the conference.
Advance registration must be received by 5 pm Eastern Time, Friday, October 8, 2004. Registrations received after this date will not be acknowledged and must be resubmitted for processing at SC2004 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.
Those who register in advance may pick up their conference materials at the convention center in the Media Room beginning Saturday, November 6, after 3 pm. (see Media Room hours).
Media representatives who register onsite should go to the Media Room, not to the general registration area, when they arrive at the conference. Credentials will be verified in the Media Room and registration materials will be provided.
Credentialed media will have access to all invited talks, technical program sessions and exhibits. In addition to access during regular exhibits hours and to accommodate interviews in vendor booths, credential media representatives may request access to the exhibits floor from 8:30 am to 10 am Wednesday and Thursday, and from 5 pm to 6 pm Tuesday and Wednesday.
Who Qualifies for Media Registration
SC2004 defines media as reporters, writers, editors, publishers, photographers, or videographers assigned by a local, regional, national, or international publication to cover SC2004. Industry Analysts and members of certain professional organizations are also included in this definition. These media representatives may be:
- Full or part-time employees of a media organization
- Freelance writers, photographers or videographers who have been retained by a media organization to cover SC2004
- Members of the Computer Press Association (CPA), the National Association of Science Writers (NASW), the National Writers Union (NWU), and the National Press Club (NPC)
- Industry Analysts
A limit of two media/analyst passes will be issued per organization.
- Employees of media organizations must present a press pass, business card, or a letter from a supervisor confirming the registrant is on assignment to cover SC2004.
- Freelance writers, photographers, or videographers must verify they have been retained to cover SC2004 by presenting a letter from a recognized news organization or a publication related to the high-performance computing and networking. Alternately, you may present clips of published articles you have written about past SC conferences.
- Members of CPA, NASW, NWU or NPC must present current membership cards as proof of credentials.
- To register as an industry analyst, you must have one of the media credentials listed above. If requested, you must show proof of previously published materials referring to SC or a similar conference.
The Media Room
The SC2004 Media Room will be located in Show Office B, 2nd floor, in the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. All media representatives are asked to check in at the Media Room upon arrival. If you pre-registered by Friday, Oct. 8, you can pick up your registration in the Media Room. If you are planning to register at the conference, you’ll need to have your credentials verified at the Media Room before your registration can be completed.
The Media Room will provide
- Helpful staff
- Telephones - the main Media Room phone number is not yet assigned.
- Computers (both Mac and PC) with Internet connections for email and Web access;
- A printer
- Exhibitor media kits
- Online exhibitor information
- Message board
- Calendar of events showing daily highlights
The Media Room will be staffed during the following hours to help you with facilities, scheduling interviews, or to provide any other assistance for your coverage of SC2004.
Media Room hours:
|Sat ||Nov. 6 ||3 pm - 5 pm|
|Sun ||Nov. 7 ||1 pm - 4 pm|
|Mon ||Nov. 8 ||9 am - 6 pm|
|Tue ||Nov. 9 ||9 am - 6 pm|
|Wed ||Nov. 10 ||9 am - 6 pm|
|Thu ||Nov 11 ||9 am - 4 pm|
|Fri ||Nov. 12 ||9 am - Noon|
If you have questions or would like more information, please send email to: